Guitar teachers introduce you to the instrument, whether it be a classical, folk, or electric guitar. From picking to theory, these teachers will help you get started on bring you to completion of grades and qualifications.
Teachers are listed alphabetically
- theory of music
- 30 years experience.
- Exam preparation or just for pleasure.
- ABRSM theory.
- Music technology / home recording.
- Composition / song writing.
- Ages 7 to adult, beginners welcome.
- Standard rates from £30 per hour – CONCESSIONS AVAILABLE.
- Visiting, no problem.
- Diplomas in Music & Literature; BA Honours; MA.
- Published composer / Producer / International performer.
- Worked extensively in theatre, including The National Theatre and The London Palladium.
- Studied most recently at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama.
- CRB checked.
- Rock, Pop, Blues, Classical
- Home visits
- No students under age 11
- All Ages / Stage
Phil Kountourispbellko@hotmail.com, 07962478910
- All Stages/Ages
- Rock, Pop, Jazz, Funk, Classical
- All quals
- Home visits
Hi! I've been teaching guitar around here for 22 years, in fact from the year that Dots was founded! Tiny toddlers to curmudgeonly old (or young for that matter) beardies all happily catered for whether it's contemporary pop/rock/folk/jazz or preparation for classical grades needed. Home visits possible.
London Guitar Studio
Conveniently located in the heart of the City of London, The London Guitar Institute is a guitar academy for adults who either want to learn how to play or improve their skills with outstanding guitar teachers.
- Rock, Electric
- ABRSM & Trinity quals to Grade 8+
- All Ages / Stages
07879 828 755
- Classical, Rock, Metal, Pop
- Songwriting and Improvisation
- All ages welcome
- Catering to your tastes and interests
- Experienced Performer
I have 7 years of teaching experience, working with children and adults of all ages and levels. I will happily cater your lessons to any style you wish you play or work towards any specific goals you may have in learning guitar. A long term employee of Les Aldrich and Dots Music.
07887 881 853
- Guitar and bass
- All Ages / Stages
- Quals, theory
- All Styles
Everyone plays for a different reason, whether it’s to sing songs around the campfire, stand in the spotlight on stage at Madison Square Garden or put music to the lyrics they write. Similarly, everyone will learn to play guitar or bass guitar in a different way and this is crucial to my approach.
I can teach a variety of styles, all backed up by the solid technical skills I have from classical training, including reading and writing music. I can also show you how to develop your songwriting skills. For learning guitar I recommend starting with classical but will not be in any way insistent.
The best style, after all, is the one that keeps you playing. I will never crowd you, my job is to make you as good or as unique a player as you can be, not ‘as good as’ or ‘like’ me. If you end up better than me that’s more than okay as far as I’m concerned.
If I teach you well, then even 10 years from now you will have the right technical, musical and improvisational skills to teach yourself more things. Playing guitar and bass guitar isn’t easy – but I can make it as easy as possible with short-cuts and tips.
firstname.lastname@example.org; 07853 807 421
07883 840 490
- BSc (Hons) - Animal Behaviour, Ecology and Conservation.
- BTEC National Diploma (Triple Distinction) - Music Technology.
- DBS checked.
- Fully Covid vaccinated and boosted.
- Your first lesson is a free 1-2-hour lesson (Age dependent as younger students can tire) for those who have not received the above five-hour freebie.
- Every tenth lesson is half price because your progress deserves rewards.
- Lessons at your home; I live ten minutes from Kentish Town Tube Station and Dots the Camden Music Shop. I do not teach while people smoke.
- Lessons cost £20 per hour (£15 for under 18s and Pensioners which still means 65 years old to me).
- Electric (beginner to advanced).
- Acoustic steel string (beginner to intermediate).
- Classical, Flamenco, Manouche (Not currently teaching).
- I specialize in electric Blues and Blues Rock, as well as acoustic folk forms. Due to the historical nature of the genres I specialize in, I do not currently offer sight reading or grading. However, theory is necessary, is fun and transferable to other western instruments. Students will learn to read guitar tablature.
- Almost all techniques are transferable to other genres of your choice. Electric guitarists will also learn soldering skills, which is a valuable asset most teachers do not offer; at some point you will want/need to change pickups, pots, switches, wiring etc and maybe build yourself some pedals. I also teach song writing for those who want to combine it with their guitar lessons.
- Home visits
- Rock, Blues, Composition
- No theory or quals
One to one guitar lessons in your home. Beginners welcome, all ages. Don’t do music theory, grades etc lessons are individually tailored to get you playing songs and having fun. All styles folk, rock, blues, country. Lessons £25 p/h
Also song writing lessons helping you turn your ideas into songs. Structure, composition, lyrics. Lessons £35 p/h
Steve Somerset has played in bands, performed solo and released four albums of his own compositions.He has written music for TV and film.
- Selective and advanced students only
- All ages
Kazu Suwa invites those seeking bespoke classical guitar tuition in Central London.
All the lessons are tailored to each student's individual needs. Tuition is aimed to improve students' musicianship, interpretative and performance skills.