I am a seasoned performer, performing solo, chamber and orchestral music in the U.K, Europe, Canada and South Africa. As well as teaching privately I teach at the Camden Saturday Centre and at Camden School for Girls. I am an experienced, patient and friendly teacher. Below are my teaching principles. For further information/biography/
Please don't hesitate to call me to discuss.
- I have been inspired from my own education, having studied with outstanding teachers in different countries, and through these experiences I have developed my teaching skills.
- It is very rewarding for me to use my skills with children in creative ways that will bring out each
child’s individual musical and technical potential.
-As an expressive player I try to share my experience of music with my students and hope to instil in my students a sense of the joy that I myself experience in music making.
- I consider myself to be a considerate and intuitive teacher and with this am able to identify and understand the musical/technical obstacles a child might have, and find ways of helping children of different potentials find their own personal connection to musical expression.
-Students achieve excellent results and many Distinctions in ABRSM and Trinity Guildhall exams.
-Students are encouraged to perform in concerts to inspire confidence.
Ana María Bautista
I have been playing and teaching the Clarinet 15 years and in that time I have developed and approach that is personalised for each student, covering all the fundamentals of clarinet technic and music theory. I'm happy to teach all levels and abilities and try to incorporate different styles into my lessons from classical repertoire to popular songs and improvisation.
Conservatory of Catarroja, Spain. Professional performance diploma.
ABRSM classical exams covered grade 1 to 5.
Local to Archway and happy to travel. Lessons :£30 - 45mins or £40 - 1 Hour
Experienced teacher, in Jazz, Classical and Popular music.
- Experienced workshop leader
- Assistant Musical director of The Tiffin Swing Band.(Tiffin Boys School)
- The ability to communicate the skills of improvisation in a creative and enjoyable way
- Experienced at working with the disabled, children and people of all ages including those with behavioural problems
- Responsible and effective as an organiser
- Fluent Spanish speaker
- Committed parent of 3 children
- Certificate Of Teaching In The Lifelong Learning Sector
- City & Guilds
- Diploma In Music Education
- Post Graduate Diploma in Jazz and Rock studies
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- 10 ‘O’ levels
07415 276613 / 0208 458 0140
- Sax and Flute
- Beginners to Advanced Players
- World Class Player, teaching Jazz, Rock and Classical
firstname.lastname@example.org, 0207722851, 07785 306372
- Jazz, Blues, Rock, Classical
- Jazz grade exams
- Home visits
I am a UK-based professional saxophonist with over 30 year's experience, playing live gigs, recording sessions, TV & Radio worldwide. I've played in all sorts of styles and situations. Whatever level you are at, I can show you how to get the best out of yourself and your instrument, and HAVE FUN at the same time.
I can come to you if you are based in North London, or you can come to me. I have professional studio facilities and loads of teaching aids.
John O’Neill - ONLINE
- All Ages / Stages
- All quals
- Jazz, Classical, Blues
- Jazz Theory and Improvisation
I am a qualified teacher (PGCE) with over thirty years’ experience. I have written several books, including The Jazz Method For Saxophone (which has now sold over 100, 000 copies), Developing Jazz Technique For Saxophone, and similar books for the clarinet and flute, many of which have been translated into other languages.
My students range from an eight-year old girl learning the recorder to a seventy-year old man who plays the tenor saxophone. I teach a variety of styles, including jazz, classical and world music, and lessons may cover instrumental technique, reading, ear-training, theory, harmony or improvisation, according to the student’s needs. I place great emphasis on developing correct breathing, embouchure and articulation, since it is mastery of these techniques that lays the foundation for the student’s success and enjoyment.
I teach from my home on the south side of Alexandra Park (N8). I welcome enthusiastic students of all ages and levels of experience, from beginner to advanced.
I am an experienced and qualified clarinet and saxophone teacher who provides a holistic approach to learning, with extensive experience teaching in London schools and privately for over 20 years.
My lessons are tailored to the individual requirements of each student. I provide a nurturing environment which facilitates learning in a fun and dynamic way. Students discover ways to build a strong technique whilst developing an awareness and appreciation of music.
I believe it’s important to set all my the student up for success, instilling confidence whilst allowing them to feel supported. Working in this way has produced wonderful results:
- Over 95% of my students achieve distinctions in their grade exams (jazz and classical) from grades 1-8. All others have been awarded merits.
· All students performing for their GCSE and A Level exams have achieved the highest results
· All students who have applied for music bursaries at secondary schools have been awarded places.
· All students who have applied to study music beyond Grade 8 at University/Music Conservatoires have been offered places.
· All students are offered opportunities to perform, play in groups, compose and record their music (both in lessons and in recording studios.)
I am a graduate from The Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London (studying under Dame Thea King), with Graduate Diploma in Education (qualified classroom and instrumental teacher, equivalent to PGCSE) and Graduate Diploma in Performance (Australia) Testimonials available upon request.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like any more information.
Tom Elliot Read
Tom has 18 years of musical experience, starting piano at the age of 6 and developing through clarinet to saxophone at the age of 10 before discovering a passion for singing and vocal technique during his time at university. He works with musical theatre singers primarily however is open to the voice as an instrument of all styles and uses a variety of practices such as Estill vocal technique to assist a varied teaching portfolio.
- All Ages / Stages