ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces 2016-2019, Grade 6
This album contains nine pieces from ABRSM’s 2016–2019 Grade 6 Violin syllabus.
- three pieces from each of Lists A, B and C
- appealing and varied repertoire
- carefully edited and clearly presented throughout
- helpful information about the pieces and the exam
- All of the pieces on the Grade 6 syllabus have been recorded by former ABRSM scholarsBenjamin Baker and Katie Stillman, and young concert artist Magdalena Loth-Hill.
- The duo recordings and playalong practice tracks are available on CD – as part of the Violin Exam Pieces with CD package – or as downloads from www.abrsm.org/audioshop.
- Preludio: 1st movt from Sonata in A, Op. 5 No. 9 [Arcangelo Corelli]
- Scherzo and Trio: 3rd movt from Sonata in C minor, Op. 30 No. 2 [Ludwig van Beethoven]
- Allegro: 2nd movt from Sonata in D minor, Op. 6 No. 12 [Pietro Locatelli]
- Intermezzo: from Cavalleria Rusticana [Pietro Mascagni]
- Rondeau: 3rd movt from Sonata Concertata [Nicolo Paganini]
- Idylle, Op. 4 No. 1 [Edward Elgar]
- An Evening in the Village (No. 5 from 10 Easy Pieces) [Bela Bartok]
- Theme from Ladies in Lavender [Nigel Hess]
- Black Eyes (Gypsy Jazz, Intermediate Level) [Trad. Russian]