ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces 2016-2019, Grade 5
This album contains nine pieces from ABRSM’s 2016–2019 Grade 5 Violin syllabus.
- three pieces from each of Lists A, B and C
- appealing and varied repertoire
- carefully edited and clearly presented throughout
- helpful information about the pieces and the exam
- All of the pieces on the Grade 5 syllabus have been recorded by former ABRSM scholarsBenjamin Baker and Katie Stillman, young concert artist Magdalena Loth-Hill, and jazz violinist Christian Garrick.
- The duo recordings and playalong practice tracks are available on CD – as part of the Violin Exam Pieces with CD package – or as downloads from www.abrsm.org/audioshop.
- Andante: 3rd movt from Sonata in B minor [Johann Sebastian Bach]
- Allegro: 4th movt from Sonata in E, HWV 373 [George Frideric Handel]
- Ground after the Scotch Humour [Nicola Matteis]
- The Holy Boy [John Ireland]
- Rondino on a theme of Beethoven [Fritz Kreisler]
- Romance from 'The Gadfly' [Dmitri Shostakovich]
- Dream [Gordon Kerry]
- Bathwater Blues [Malcolm Miles]
- Intermezzo (from Hary Janos) [Zoltan Kodaly]