The new 2020 -2023 ABRSM Strings syllabus has arrived at Dots.
What's new about the strings syllabus? Cello exam pieces, for one.
- Refreshed repertoire lists for all four instruments at all grades
- More choice than ever before, with the lists extended to ten pieces (30 pieces in total per grade)
- Duet option included for the first time – up to Grade 3
- Cello Exam Pieces (Grades 1–5) published for the first time
- New Initial Grade exam introduced – a pre-Grade 1 assessment following the same structure, content and assessment criteria as ABRSM’s existing graded music exams (three pieces, scales, sight-reading and aural tests)
- All four instruments at Initial Grade supported with an Exam Pack publication containing nine pieces (three per list) from the syllabus, the scales requirements and sample sight-reading tests
- A separate publication containing sample aural tests for the Initial Grade also available
- Revised list structure
- A focus on cross-string teaching at the lower levels with some of the same pieces being set for multiple instruments.
Drop by the shop to pick up the new syllabus or take a look at the new exam pieces and exam packs.